I suggest you ...

Please make low res photos at 2048px wide (the highest width possible on Facebook)

Facebook let you upload the highest photo width at 2048px wide, and it looks great as long as you make sure to select the High-Quality option when you upload it.
Can you guys at pixieset make 2048px width as the low res option? so many times my brides will post to Facebook the 1200px wide photo and it doesn't look good because Facebook compresses it...

284 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Niv shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daniel commented  · 

I am surprised there is no such option already, or one where you define your Web Size and High Res. Also, it looks like you should implement LongestEdge=MaxPixels instead of Width=MaxPizels. Right now portraits are taller than your minimum.

• jessica commented  · 

I agree social media is very important, BUT 2048px is way too big if you don't want your clients to be able to print the photos! I know they'll try and print pretty much any size, but I definitely do NOT want the only low-rez option to be 2048px! If you do this, PLEASE only make it an option and not the standard!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I second that. Social media is very important.

• jessica commented  · 

But, facebook doesn't over stretch the images, though, do they? Don't they only open to the actual size of the file?
        I feel like you could make this as an option (as in, have two or three low rez file size options), but, it's WAY too big if you don't want them to print from the low-rez files.

• Aaron & Jillian commented  · 

SERIOUS AMEN to this!!! The current download for web size makes the photos look super pixelated on Facebook! :( We would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE if you could create a 3rd download option titled "Download sized for Facebook" with a 2048px size!! PRETTY PLEASE!!

• Natalia commented  · 

Disagree. I upload 800-1000 pixels to Facebook and feel safe for my images.
        At the moment, the web resolution images that I download through Pixieset are at 300 dpi. It means people can print them! I wish they were resized to 96 dpi.

• info commented  · 

please please please do this. <3

• Natalie commented  · 

agreed, when shared on Facebook by my client the image was compressed. Always looks terrible.

• Andy commented  · 

That's not correct, sorry. The low-res files have 1.024px - which is a good size on Facebook and also the "base"-resolution for the 2.048px size you like to have. When the pictures look bad on Facebook, maybe your clients / the bride load them up via mobile, where the compression (can!) be set lower by default in the app-settings.
        A normal upload (just one photo) does not have the "high-quality"-option (except the default settings in the mobile app as mentioned). You can only set high-quality, when you create a new album.
        With 2.048px set to normal-size here in Pixieset, many of us will see much more unlicensed use, because this resolution is good enough for digitial-prints up to A4-size.

• Anastasia Gee commented  · 

Yes! I wonder about this every single time I upload a client gallery!

• Sara W. commented  · 

Oh yes please! This would be amazing!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base