General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Allow clients to "stack" coupon codes

So they can get their print credit and free shipping.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)

Update: We have added the ability to create Gift Cards. Gift Cards can be used multiple times and it’s a great way to give out print credits.

We have also added the ability to add Free Shipping to %/amount off coupons. This will allow you to offer free shipping along with your normal discounts in one single coupon.

We realized that these updates does not satisfied the subject of this feedback idea 100%. However, reading all the comments, it looks like most of the feedback revolved around giving out free shipping with %/amount off and giving free shipping along with Print Credits. The new coupon options should resolve these workflows.

Learn more here: http://pixieset.tumblr.com/post/133940397445

• make "no watermark" the default

Please make "no watermark" the default. I love that new features are added and that the voice of your customer base is heard. Thank you. I would like to see the watermark be a feature for those that desire it to click on...not an extra step to those that do not add watermarks. Because watermarking is now the default I have another step added to the upload process :(

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Miranda! If you don’t have any watermark uploaded to your account, you will not be asked to apply watermark to your photos when uploading. You simply have to remove any watermark uploaded to the account. Hope this helps!

• add a watermark after images have uploaded

We should be able to add the watermark to our images after the collection is uploaded. And be able to remove it if we choose without having to re-upload the images.

723 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now make changes, add or remove watermarks right from your dashboard without having to re-upload your images. Simply go to the collection, select one or more images you’d like to make this change to, and click on the “Watermark” option under the “More” drop down menu.

Learn more: http://support.pixieset.com/knowledgebase/articles/1169314
          Other Watermark updates: http://pixieset.tumblr.com/post/160482083880/new-watermark-features-added

• Include "Watermarks On/Off" in Collection Defaults

Collection defaults should include the watermarks on/off setting.

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Watermark

Love Love the ability to now apply our watermarks! But.....:( we are limited to picking one chosen area of the photo which does not work for ALL photos! It would be fantastic if we could watermark either the photos individually or in certain batches where the watermark fits certain photos! Maybe like after we upload them :) Please think about it!

10 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Admin →

You can now add multiple watermarks to your account and apply them to different collections/images.

You can also changes or remove watermarks right from your dashboard without having to re-upload your images. Simply go to the collection, select the photos, click on More > Watermark.

Learn more: http://support.pixieset.com/knowledgebase/articles/366983
              http://support.pixieset.com/knowledgebase/articles/1169314

Read the announcement: http://pixieset.tumblr.com/post/160482083880/new-watermark-features-added

• Apply watermark to selective sets / folder

I would love to be able to create a collection, and have my "Proof" folder, to show clients. That folder would have a watermark. Then, after they select their favorites, I could transfer those to a new set / folder. Those images would be granted download access and would not have a watermark. Unless I did it wrong, when I tried this it kept the watermark across my images. It would also be great to be able to edit watermark needs after having created the collection. As it stands now once it's done it's done, and you have to start…

5 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Admin →

Currently, the watermark is only applied to display images (and web size downloads if this option is checked), high res and original downloads will not have your watermark on them.

You can now also make changes or remove watermark after you have uploaded the images. Simply to go the collection, select the photos and click on the “Watermark” option under the “More” drop-down menu. You can do this for each of the sets separately if you wish to have different settings for each set.

• 3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now make changes, add or remove watermarks right from your dashboard without having to re-upload your images. Simply go to the collection, select one or more images you’d like to make this change to, and click on the “Watermark” option under the “More” drop down menu.

Other Watermark updates: http://pixieset.tumblr.com/post/160482083880/new-watermark-features-added

• Multiple Watermarks

Coming from a different hosting site, I have previously used multiple watermarks. One "PROOF" watermark for preproofing and then my personal watermark for final images. Also, I was able to turn it off and on and make changes to it without re-uploading my images every single time.

I have loved everything about pixieset so far, but this one is becoming a sore spot for me. I have limited data on my internet at home so re-uploading images if the watermark is not set correctly right out of the gate is very problemsome.

67 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now add multiple watermarks to your account and apply them to different collections/images.

You can also changes or remove watermarks right from your dashboard without having to re-upload your images. Simply go to the collection, select the photos, click on More > Watermark.

Learn more: http://support.pixieset.com/knowledgebase/articles/366983
                    http://support.pixieset.com/knowledgebase/articles/1169314

Read the announcement: http://pixieset.tumblr.com/post/160482083880/new-watermark-features-added

• Proof Watermarks! You GOTTA add this feature!

It's so silly in this day and age to not have a PROOF watermark option available to apply to photos, and have this turned off when a client buys an image. You suggest that we manually apply it to our uploads? Double the work, really?
                    With this, you got me now. Without it, you'll likely never get me.

235 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Removing watermark for low res download

Many clients are now asking for low resolution digital images so they can use them online, profile pics, holiday newsletters, etc. I use the watermark feature until they pay for their digital images. Once they pay, they download the originals without the watermark but can't download low resolution images without the watermark, even if I turn the watermark off. My work around is to create a separate gallery of low resolution images. It would be nice to be able to turn the watermark feature off for images already uploaded.

117 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

You now have the option to apply/not apply watermark on Web Size Downloads. Under Options > Watermark > click on the green “Advanced options” link to change this option.
                        http://support.pixieset.com/knowledgebase/articles/366983

This change will apply to all photos uploaded moving forward. If you would like this update to be applied to existing images in a collection, you can do so in the collection photo management panel by selecting the images, click on More > Watermark, and reprocess these images with the selected watermark, it will take on the new watermark settings: http://support.pixieset.com/knowledgebase/articles/1169314

• Allow low res watermarked and high res un-watermarked downloads

I provide my clients with 2 sets of files. I watermark my low res files so when the client posts to Facebook they have my branding on them and also so the client doesn't accidentally try to print the file. The high res files aren't watermarked so the client can print them.

Is this something that could ever be implemented?

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

This is already possible – Watermark only applied to web size and display images – High res and original downloads will not have watermarks on them.

Please email us at support@pixieset.com if you have any questions regarding the set up!

Pixieset Team

• Go back to allowing a one click favorite in owner mode!!

This new favorite list is a huge pain for us when organizing our galleries. Now instead of one click, it's two clicks for us when we're choosing favorites for the highlights gallery. Can we have an option to turn that off when we're in owner mode, please??

11 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Update: We have re-introduced the One-Click Favorite experience for choosing favorites. This is automatically enabled if the user only has one favorite list.

• add the option for a 'proof' watermark across images.

I love this service, but if I want to use it as my ordering system with a download option, I have to upload the full resolution files for clients to be able to download automatically (via pin#) once they have purchased them. If pixieset would add an option to have 'proof' shown across the images for web viewing only, but not show up during download, that would be great. Otherwise I cannot use pixieset for fear of blatant screencapping of unpaid images.

170 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Randomly sort images

When images are first uploaded and viewed they are randomly placed, but once I hit sort by file name, I cannot return to a randomized placement, without clicking and dragging each image. Being able to go back to randomized if wanted would be nice. Unless I am missing that option.

21 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Admin →

Update:

You can now randomly sort your photos in a collection! Edit your collection, click the “Sort” button on the top right hand side of the page, then select “Random” and your photos will be randomized!

• A customizable mobile app

A customizable mobile app with studio branding, something like what sticky albums is would be great. Also including share features so they don't screenshot making the shared images look really bad.

7 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

We have made some changes to the mobile experience and you are now able to Purchase, Favorite, Share as well as Download individual images (if allowed) all on the mobile. The experience is also touch screen optimized. Clients also have the ability to Save to Home Screen for easier access in the future, it acts as a mobile web app. Thanks for all your patience and please go and have a look! We’d love your feedback.

Pixieset Team

• Sending Automated Gallery Expiration Reminders!

Wondering if there was a way to send automated email gallery expiration reminders AND the expiration date in the initial email to client. Album Exposure has a similar setup where on the back end you select the number of days from originally sent email and it will send a reminder. (i.e. 25 days out from original email)

This way we wouldn't have to be reminding our clients over, and over again. "Hello ___, your gallery is about to expire, forever...download/purchase that ish. STAT."

863 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Do not degrade the cover photo.

I notice the cover photo is not as sharp and crisp as the actual photo used to select from.

16 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Since the cover photo takes up the whole screen, we recommend using photos that’s at least 3500px on the width to avoid the image being stretched to fit. If your original image is hi-res and you are still experiencing this issue, let us know (support@pixieset.com) and we’ll look into it for you!

• Disable the need to enter credit card details if the cart balance is $0.00.

My clients have expressed dissatisfaction about having to enter credit card details when their cart balance is $0.00. I provide a certain number of images in my packages and give my clients a coupon code for the value of that number of images. Many clients buy more, but some do not - those clients don't feel comfortable entering payment details for no charge.

201 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • add the ability for clients to download both a high-res and "web"-res version of a collection

I would like to enable my clients to download the complete set of images in a collection in both high-resolution and web-resolution. My release typically includes the clause that high-resolution images (without my watermark) are for sending to a print shop or archiving, and that the low-resolution images (with my watermark) are for sharing to social media. Since the client may not know which images they intend to print, and which they intend to share (or which they intend to do both with), I'd like to give them two sets of images, and the ability to do with them what…

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible with the current set up – if you set the max download size to High Resolution, clients will be able to download both Web Size and High Resolution on the download page. If you set it to Original, they will be able to download Web Size, High Resolution and Original for the collection. Hope this helps! :)

• Dark theme please!

Please add an all black background option rather than the all white.

36 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)